Friday, February 02, 2007

Wise

Today is John Henry's mom's birthday. Last night all four kids were making her birthday cards. Well, three were making cards and one (Tate) was making her a snowflake.

Tate needed scissors that would cut through the thicker paper, Lake needed paper and Daisy needed a marker. Of course, they needed these things at the same time. I don't think I said a word - I was processing the requests and trying to gather the last minute items. Let me add this: I was prepared to make cards. On the table I had placed the envelopes, stickers, and crayons. I didn't know that Tate was going to need scissors to make a snowflake. Lake had originally told me that he was going to make his card later. I didn't foresee that Daisy would need markers.

My wise four-year-old Rosie said, "Guys, guys, wait a minute. Did you know that there is only one Mommy and that there are four of us?"

Oh, thank you.

No comments: