Friday, February 09, 2007

Moisturizer meltdown

Maybe I should say 'lack of' a meltdown.

And I was fulling expecting a meltdown last night over the word 'moisturizer.'

Why?

Well, Tate (six years old) chose 'moisturizer' as one of his spelling words. On Monday I asked him why he picked that word and he said, "Because it has eleven letters."

Great.

So, last night after dinner and baths the boys were doing homework. Lake had to write a story about a farm and include 15 nouns and 15 adjectives in the story. Tate had some extra reading to do for a 'book talk' he has on Monday. Once Tate finished reading, I reminded him that we needed to go over the spelling words. I had been dreading this all day. I was going through the list, calling the words out and he was spelling them with out any problems. I threw 'moisturizer' in about halfway through the list. How did he spell it?

M-O-I-S-T-U-R-I-Z-E-R

Boy, he's good.

No comments: