Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

Oh, where to start.....

Yesterday I took Tate and Rosie to the doctor. Rosie has been coughing for several days and Tate had a fever for three days and then started coughing. Now both are on antibiotics. Neither have been to school all week and both missed the Valentine parties.

So far Daisy and Lake are not sick. John Henry goes to the doctor this afternoon. He's had a fever (102/103) and congestion as well as body aches.

Over the weekend all four kids addressed Valentine cards. This morning when Lake was getting ready for school I reminded him that the plates and snacks and his cards for hte party were in his backpack. I said, "Hmmm, I wonder if you could take Tate's Valentine cards and bag to his teacher." I suspected that he would try to find a way out of taking his stuff but he surprised me by saying, "Sure. Should I ask my teacher first or just take his things before I go to my class?" He even followed this by saying he would try to stop by Tate's class and pick up his Valentine cards before he came home. Tate was very appreciative of this gesture and is now anxiously awaiting his brother's return from school.

Hope all is well at your house on this cold, cold Valentine's Day!

No comments: