Friday, December 07, 2007

all over again


Rosie returned to school today. She's been home with me all week. She's battled a fever virus with fever reaching over 104 and just when we thought she was over it, she developed pink eye. The pediatrician said she could return to school today. Yesterday she was feeling much better but was still contagious. After we took everyone else to school, we stopped for some craft materials. We spent the morning making things - we made a crown, a photo frame and a book about the months of the year. She loved it. I loved it. I had determined that we would spend the day together - how often do I get her to myself (other than running errands or scheduled events?) Not very often.

All in all, it was a great time for us. However, it just made this morning that much harder. It was like the first day of school all over again. She had a few tears this morning until I reminder her that her friends at school missed her and would be so excited to have her back. That seemed to cheer her.

But my, oh my. My heart hurts. I miss her. I've cried for her. It's going to be a long six hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet. She is a lovely girl and such a delight. My heart aches every time Andrew goes to sleep or school. So I know what you mean...