We are still here - it's just been very hectic!
Tate has been sick with strep throat. He's feeling better and went back to school today. Rosie either has strep or a stomach virus. She has a fever, severe stomach pain and vomiting. I took her to the pediatrician this morning. Her rapid strep test came back negative, we'll know for sure in the morning. Her fever has reached 103 but as of right now, she's unable to keep anything on her stomach.
Daisy and Lake are feeling fine, for the time being!
I did have a bit of good news last week. The secretary at Tate's school called to tell me that Tate was selected as 'Student of the Month.' On Friday, there was to be an assembly announcing this to the rest of the school. Also, on Friday, Tate's class was performing a play for the school. Tate had the lead role in the play. You've got to have the bad with the good, right? Well, Friday was when Tate woke with a fever and 'knives' in his throat. I called the teacher and explained the situation. Another child read his lines during the play. Tate was very disappointed about missing the play but understood that he was sick and he didn't want to get his friends sick.
I wish I could say the same for the girl that shared microphones with him....who had a fever the day before....but the mother sent her to school anyway so that she wouldn't miss out on the play. Sure, the girl only came for the play practice but that was enough to infect my child and possibly my entire family.
No comments:
Post a Comment