Saturday, April 28, 2007

A win!

Finally, as we near the half mark of the season the boys' won their first baseball game. The score was 12-6. Lake hit two homeruns (for a total of 4 this season) and 5 RBI's. Tate hit a double with 1 RBI.

Some other great highlights of the evening include:

1) Special guests to the game: Tate's teacher from school with her fifteen-year-old daughter and Tate's Sunday night teacher with her family. I was completely shocked to see his school teacher but the fact that she showed up completely changed Tate's mood for the game. He had told me that he was too tired to play. When it was his teams turn to be in the field he walked out slowly with his head down. He turned to look out into the bleachers to see where I was. I waved. Ms. A waved. He had a huge grin, stood very tall and ran to his position. He played an incredible game after that.

I was very touched with the teacher's attendance last night. Her mother died less than two years ago. Her husband left her last year. Her oldest daughter went off to college in the fall. Yet, she tries to attend one game per student in the spring. I already viewed her as a good teacher. Now I see her as a great teacher.

2) Surprise dinner guests: After the game, the boys were very excited (in case you were wondering!) What do you want to do when you are happy? Well, share your joy with friends and family. Lake asked if his best friend (who lives on the other side of town) could go to dinner with us. It was 8:00pm. Most normal people had probably already eaten. I told him that it was too late, maybe another night, etc...

We picked our favorite restaraunt that is two minutes from the house. His best friend and family were there. They have never eaten at this restaurant but decided to give it a try. Lake couldn't have been happier. Oh, and this friend has a younger brother which happens to be Tate's friend. AND there are two older sisters that like to play with the girls.

Yes, yesterday was a good day.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

How exciting! Are you coming June 9th for the bgame? Do I need to get tickets?