Sunday, March 26, 2006

Family Field Trip

I use the term very loosely. Our dryer stopped working on Thursday. We've had the dryer for thirteen years - it was a wedding present along with a matching washing machine. We have a washer and dryer on order and they should be here on Wednesday. Remember that there are six of us in this house, two of which are boys and two girls that like to change clothes, oh, about every fifteen minutes. I have to do atleast one load of laundry every other day.

Anyway, back to the field trip. We loaded up the gang and four loads of laundry and went to the laundromat. The washing machines were front load with see through doors. So, each child stood in front of a washer and watched the laundy. It was very entertaining for them. We were there for an hour and a half and they never got bored. They even helped to fold everything. Perhaps the new washer and dryer will be just as entertaining!

2 comments:

Trixie said...

Nah. The new w/d will be common place. I remember going to the laundry mat with my mother every weekend in hot sticky south florida. Ick, but we did get Carvel ice cream as a reward.

Sarabeth said...

I so don't envy you.