So, tomorrow is the big day for Rosie. We have to be at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. It is a school day for the boys. It isn't a school day for Daisy.
Do you see where I'm going with this yet?
Today I am spending time preparing.
After I took Daisy to school this morning, I went in search of a shirt for Rosie to wear tomorrow. I realized last night (when I couldn't sleep) that since she will have stitches in three areas of her scalp, she will need shirts with v-neck styling. I also picked up a few coloring books and new crayons. These will be for Daisy to use in the waiting room and Rosie to enjoy tomorrow after the surgery. Coloring is her favorite thing to do.
I still have several things to do before the day is over. I have to pack a bag for the boys. They are spending the night with a dear friend and she will make sure they are at school on time in the morning. She and her husband have four children of their own. Yes, they are very dear. And very brave!
We have a tour of the hospital scheduled for this afternoon at 4:00 p.m. So, after I pick everyone up from school (Daisy at
1:15, Rosie at 2:30 and the boys at 2:40 - remember that everyone is at a different school this year?) and we take a quick snack break, we are off to the hospital for our tour. Oh, the hospital is 30 - 40 minutes away, depending on traffic. Rosie is thinking about what she would like for dinner tonight. I told her that she needs to choose something that will fill her tummy up since she won't be eating breakfast in the morning. She is the child that wakes up hungry, too.
After dinner and the boys have completed their homework they will go to our friends house. After the girls are bathed they will get to watch Barbie's version of the Nutcracker. Since the boys will be away, Rosie thought this would be a good choice.
Rosie said we should take the camera just in case we want to get a picture of her in her hospital clothes. If all goes well, I'll post tomorrow with an update.
No comments:
Post a Comment