Thursday, July 12, 2007

Birthday wish list

Rosie's birthday is on Tuesday. Upon my request, she has been thinking of what she would really like to have for her birthday. So far her list includes a matching backpack and lunch box for school, art supplies, a baby doll, and some clothes as well as shoes. These are very legitimate items for a five year old. Also on her list is make-up. When I quizzed her on this to clarify exactly what kind of make-up she wanted, she said she would like to have some lip gloss and powder.

Earlier today Daisy told me that she wanted a baby for her birthday (in November). I thought, "No problem - she loves to play with dolls." I made the mistake of taking a swig of Diet Mountain Dew as she was saying, "No, Mommy. I want a real baby."

Diet Mountain Dew burns when you snort it out your nose.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Why not? Everyone else got a baby. L got T. T got R. R got D. Who does Daisy get?

If we get our baby, I'll share with her in November! We'll even drive over and have a solemn ceremony making her an honorary big sister!